We work with organisations experiencing:
Such as changes to an industry, to ways of working as COVID-19 has done, or operating models due to new government funding models – events that disrupt the way things have been done and need strategic intervention to reset the organisation.
- Working from home during the Covid 19 pandemic opened an opportunity for the Western Victoria Primary Health network to rethink its operating model. Heather researched global and local trends and codesigned a new operating model for this complex, knowledge workers organisation. The new model will improve productivity, relationships with stakeholders and achievement of strategic objectives.
- Connect Health faced a major disruption to their service model for people with a disability, with the introduction of the NDIS scheme. Heather worked with them to identify the opportunities in the new scheme, develop new service models and an implementation plan for the start of the scheme in their region.
People seeking to improve their services and business models, including the need to plan and design change management.
- Nearing the end of a long-term building maintenance contract, Stonnington Council were looking to review all elements of the service. Heather led a service review, incorporating customer service process mapping, review of department roles and responsibilities, functions of the building maintenance team, best practice trends in building maintenance including benchmarking, and the needs of the community service building users.
- Western Victoria Primary Health network recognised that its continuing professional development program was overdue for review, having been developed many years before. Heather researched how well the program met the objectives of the organisation, and met with key professional associations, health and education organisations to identify key trends in professional education. The project involved considerable engagement across the organisation research and consultation with key stakeholders in the program. A range of options were developed with the final decision to create a new workforce development program with a higher profile and redesigned resources, guided by an implementation plan.
Looking to the future, the desired strategic purpose and direction, and how to get there.
- Peninsula Health imagined a new strategic plan based on extensive engagement from across the organisation and responsiveness to current and future health needs. Heather worked as the Strategy Lead in a team with Manning Consulting to create the new five-year strategic plan. (Add link to plan).
- Ballarat Community Health has a vision for a local community hub that integrates services for young people. Heather worked with the health service and local stakeholders to write a concept plan that forms the basis of seeking funds to implement their vision.
BSocWk, MSocWk, MBA, GAICD, FACHSM
Heather is an MBA alumnus of the Melbourne Business School and holds a Master of Social Work (human service management) from Latrobe University. She is a Graduate member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD); a Fellow of the Australian College of Health Service Managers (ACHSM) and a Member of the Australian Healthcare and Hospitals Association (AHHA) and the Australian Association of Gerontology (AAG).
Heather enjoys exploring, seeking out new ideas and ways to approach new and old challenges. Her experience has been gained in the not-for-profit, for-profit and government sectors, resulting in strong networks and an understanding of diverse organisational approaches. Heather has substantial industry experience in community services, health, aged care and local government.
0421 575 636
- Strategy Development
- Service Reviews
- Business Model Optimisation
- Organisational Change Management
- Policy Development
- Community Engagement
Through executive and non-executive roles, Heather has developed a deep understanding of strategy, organisational management and governance. Her open approach, strategic focus and deep operational experience are valuable attributes for identifying options for the future in collaboration with others.